Keeping Roads Safe is a fast-moving technology company that builds aftermarket vehicle accessories designed to prevent distracted driving. We are located in Halifax, NS but quickly expanding into the global market through strategic alliances with some of the largest companies in the world. We are looking for full time developers with a passion for solving unique problems and overcoming challenges in their day-to-day work. We make products that help to save lives, and we’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who want to make a difference.
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Experience with NoSQL and MySQL databases
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- A masters degree in computer science
Back to Careers