Keeping Roads Safe Technologies Inc. (KRS) is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to our prduct DriveCare continues as a leading edge company product therefore we can obtain customers directly and/or through partnerships. Telematics experience is a must.
KRS offers the best and the most affordable telematics products to small, medium and large fleets on a global level. KRS also has the most advanced cell phone prevention technology and offers a second to none Driver Rewards program for safe driving.
As the primary mechanical designer you will be assisting KRS to grow and therefore, you are also a high-level professional. Experience in other countries, in particular; China is necessary for build production of DriveCare.
The priority is to ensure DriveCare stays ahead of the game in design and development to acquire new customers and sustain our current clients. This role is a crucial one for KRS as we continue to grow globally.
Keeping Roads Safe Technologies Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is responsible for product design and maintenance of our current product DriveSafe;
The Person We are Looking for will:
- Maintains understanding of theories, concepts, technical principles and processes related to mechanical aspects ofDriveCare and our current component systems. Creates appropriate drawings and instructions.
- Generates technical documentation for use within the company and/or with vendors.
- Employs system details, and fact-based analysis for problem resolution.
- Possesses knowledge of mechanical systems, andtelematic systems best practices and safety requirements to generate and analyze designs.
- Supports Special Quotation system by approving and pricing product changes, changing design according to customerrequirements and implementing it within production systems
- Creates electrical wiring drawings and generates production instructions for product wiring
- Analyzes designs, modifies, and troubleshoots mechanical components and subsystems.
- Prepares and participates in design reviews. Supports technical proposal activities.
- Extrapolates ideas into product requirements and applies the philosophy of design to standard manufacturing processes.
- Strives for continuous improvement and teamwork in product development and processes. Detail orientated and greatattention to detail is necessary.
- Understands system requirements for electrical and mechanical systems on the equipment.
- Selects and specifies material and components, including the evaluation of vendor bids and drawings, to assurecompliance with project specifications.
- Generates Engineering Change notices when required
- Creates and maintains BOMs for product in our system
- BS in Engineering with Mechanical Major or related science.
- One to three years’ experience intelematic design or a related product design field (electro-mechanical design)
- Work experience in AutoCAD design software is desirable. Knowledge of other parametric modeling.
- Basic understanding of fundamental business practices (Bills of Materials and MRP)
- Working knowledge ofmilitary grade controls, and materials
- Has worked with Chinese manufacturers for production builds and board testing requirements.
If this sounds like you, send us your resume and lets get started!
Back to Careers