Senior Mechanical Engineer
Keeping Roads Safe Technologies Inc. (KRS) is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in our head office of Halifax, NS and continue to develop our road safety products. DriveCare, our flagship product is a leading edge global product in the prevention of distracted driving.
KRS offers the best road safety and telematics products to small, medium and large fleets on a global level. KRS also has the most advanced cell phone prevention technology and offers a second to none Driver Rewards program for safe driving.
Experience in production, design, build in other countries, in particular; China is necessary.
The Person We are Looking for will:
- Maintain an understanding of theories, concepts, technical principles and processes related to the mechanical aspects of DriveCare and our current component systems. Creates appropriate drawings and instructions.
- Generates technical documentation for use within the company and/or with vendors.
- Employs system details, and fact-based analysis for problem resolution.
- Possesses knowledge of mechanical systems, PCBs design and build and best practices and safety requirements to generate and analyze designs and working models.
- Supports Special Quotation system by approving and pricing product changes, changing design according to customer requirements and implementing it within production systems
- Creates electrical wiring drawings and generates production instructions for product wiring
- Analyzes designs, modifies and troubleshoots mechanical components and subsystems.
- Prepares and participates in design reviews. Supports technical proposal activities.
- Extrapolates ideas into product requirements and applies the philosophy of design to standard manufacturing processes.
- Strives for continuous improvement and teamwork in product development and processes. Detail orientated and great attention to detail is necessary.
- Understands system requirements for electrical and mechanical systems.
- Selects and specifies material and components, including the evaluation of vendor bids and drawings, to assure compliance with project specifications.
- Creates and maintains BOMs for the product in our system
- Be able to have a very good understanding of the English language and the spoken and written languages used in China.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering. and
- Masters Degree in System Controls Engineering.
- Four Years plus experience in the product design field.
- Management or consulting experience in Electrical Engineering.
- Basic understanding of fundamental business practices (Bills of Materials and MRP)
- Working knowledge of auto-grade controls, and materials
- Has worked with Chinese manufacturers for PCB layout and builds, production builds and board testing requirements.
If this sounds like you, send us your resume and let’s get started!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $150,000.00 /yea
Back to Careers